BENEFITS OF ONLINE TUITION
We live in a digital world, with communication via emails and messaging systems. Wi-Fi connected devices including doorbells, alarm systems even lightbulbs. Even in the workplace, video calls and webinars are common place, even more so since lockdown. It is part of how we live, work and use our leisure time.
Since lockdown I have been tutoring exclusively online, I have seen the impact and benefits it has for both students and parents alike.
- No travelling, therefore no delays due to traffic, changing weather or any of the issues that have arisen and resulted in me being delayed during the past 2 years.
- Location is no longer a problem; I am now able to teach students from across the UK and in fact worldwide.
- Home comforts, students can complete tuition in the comfort and familiar surroundings of their own home.
- Access to greater number of digital resources, rather than my resource bag which is rather limited in what I can physically carry to face to face sessions. I have access not only to my entire digital library, but also to other online resources. Including science simulations, and manipulatives (cubes, shapes, fractions etc.), making it easier to share resources tailored to the students’ needs, therefore enhancing learning. With work completed in the lesson and homework set (when requested), all available online on the students own bitpaper, which they can access at any time.
- Immersive experience, I have found that every student who has tried online was impressed with the range of tools and enjoyed what the technology has to offer. With students learning being rapid and extremely effective.
I personally find online tuition to be extremely effective, resulting in increased student engagement, with fewer distractions and a high level of focus. I have also found an increase in creatively, with bitpaper having so many colours and built in shapes, students are able to choose what works best for them, helping them to better recall topics covered. I am happy to tutor students online and have experience of doing so successfully; please see what current and past clients have to say about online tuition below.
“I just want to send my thanks for offering us online tutoring via Skype. Following a few weeks of face to face lessons, a change in circumstances meant my daughter wouldn’t be able to attend for 3 weeks. Rather than have to cancel you offered us online lessons which I was happy to accept, but to be honest a little sceptical. I shouldn’t have been. The lessons are structured really well and work perfectly using webcams and online learning tools. You’ve done a really great job of keeping the lessons interesting but also really focused. We highly recommend them and Nicola to anyone.” J Yr6
“We have seen our daughter’s progress with her maths improve dramatically since starting tuition with Nicola. We moved from face to face tuition to online tuition as a result of the COVID-19 situation and this transition has proven extremely successful. Our daughter has continued to thrive with her maths with the online tuition and she really enjoys using the online tools and interaction during her sessions, we have been very impressed with this method. We would highly recommend Nicola’s tuition service” C Yr8
“Nicola has been tutoring my daughter for about 6 months. She makes her lessons fun and during lockdown her online zoom lessons have been invaluable. I would highly recommend Nicola and her friendly and fun approach to learning.” J Yr3
If I can be of assistance or if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help, feel free to contact me on 07717845007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.